Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
• This position will serve on the Projects Control Team for the Grid Solutions organization
• Contract is for one year, although this project is multi-year and potential long-term opportunity
• This individual will be expected to work with a small team of Project Controls Cost Analysts and Schedulers interfacing primarily with Project Managers and Financial Analysts.
• The projects being managed are mostly capital and are intended to update the electric grid over the next several years and in multiple states where the company serves electric customers.
• The volume of projects will eventually ramp up to hundreds of millions of dollars per year.
• We are seeking an individual who has project estimating and or budgeting experience and can assist the project managers in sufficiently driving out details around their scope of work from one year to the next so sound estimates can be budgeted and tracked by cost analysts who are assigned to the various workstreams.
• Strong analytics are required so actuals from one year can be incorporated into budgets for the following year, resulting in continuous improvement in accuracy from one year to the next.
• This position will be responsible for evaluating and assessing the variances, identifying trends and burn rates for project leadership.
• A critical element of this work will be the ability to work successfully in a matrix organization and technically complex working environment.
• This position must have a proven track record working with contingency budgets, direct and indirect labor charges, accruals, overheads, allocations, earned value calculations, and monetized risks.
• Prior experience in a similar role on large construction project is needed.
• The individual selected for this role must have strong technical skills and the ability to integrate large amounts of data from multiple databases.
• Must have very strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, computer skills, writing and communication skills, strong problem-solving skills.
• Advanced level knowledge of EXCEL a must as most of the work performed is Excel based.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in a business or financial area.
31 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.