Chemical Lab Tech Assc (320678)
Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on September 14, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 45710
Local Candidates to the Albany, OH area ONLY
Duration (-/+) 6 months
Location- Albany, OH
Position Summary: Chemical Lab Techs serve in support of power plants, energy delivery, other entities, and third party interests, performing a variety of independent, non-routine, and more complex quantitative analyses using sophisticated laboratory instrumentation.
Performs, under Direct Supervision, the preparation of environmental, industrial hygiene, and industrial/manufacturing samples prior to analysis; routine chemical analyses, sampling techniques, calculating, and recording results for environmental, industrial hygiene, and industrial/manufacturing samples. Performs a variety of technical duties requiring limited independent analyses, organizing work and providing input for setting priorities and negotiating deadlines, participating on problem solving teams, working on multiple projects, recommending alternative analytical techniques, and learning to making analytical decisions based on quality control results and trends.
1. Chemical Lab Techs follow established laboratory processes and procedures, perform analysis of laboratory data and process and document analysis results.
2. Follows established Laboratory Policies and Procedures
3. Performs with Direct Supervision a variety of duties of a technical nature requiring limited independent analysis and exhibiting fundamental understanding of lab procedures.
4. Performs basic computer skills needed to enter data, keep time records, receive and send information, and operate computer-interfaced equipment.
5. Develops and demonstrates competency in routine procedures and analytical techniques under the guidance of experienced technicians and exempt personnel.
6. Gains familiarity with sampling techniques, sample and reagent preparation, laboratory instrumentation, routine calculations, record keeping, safety procedures, and general bench skills.
7. Anticipates needs for reagents and supplies and plans accordingly while balancing lead times, due dates and current supplies.
8. Assists in maintaining equipment and assists in the formulation of safety improvements.
9. Understands and practices safe laboratory procedures and serves as a member of a safety team.
10. Learns about competencies required for accuracy and precision of analytical data for laboratory certification.
11. Demonstrates entry-level knowledge in procedures and techniques as indicated for entry level position.
12. Plans work by priority under Direct Supervision.
13. Ensure work quantity and quality by requiring strict adherence to NIOSH methods, EPA (and EPA-approved), and ASTM (and ASTM-modified) standard operating procedures as appropriate.
14. Perform daily operations for chemical analyses
15. Assists higher classified employees in more complex technical work activities and shows proficiency in mathematical calculations, and demonstrates knowledge of the laboratory information management system.
16. Performs and reviews calculations and evaluates test data with direction
17. Demonstrates knowledge of routine analyses and the procedural techniques to perform non-routine analyses.
18. Assists in developing techniques to efficiently handle simultaneous analysis of different samples requiring diverse analytical techniques and analysis of large batch samples.
19. Recognizes problems in analytical methods and instrumentations and discusses a course of action with a higher level employee.
20. Performs routine quantitative and qualitative analyses with direct supervision ensuring that all are performed in accordance with established procedures.
21. Supports in the analysis of asbestos by bulk analysis, etc. or fiber identification which is conducted by preparing material and viewed under a microscope using Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM).
22. Supports in the analysis asbestos-airborne fiber count (NIOSH 7400). This analysis may include testing air samples for asbestos and other fibers by Phase Contrast Microscopy (PCM).
23. Develops an awareness of the relationships among sample turnaround time, sample load, and internal and external customer requirements; and makes routine decisions in the scheduling of assigned work based on these relationships.
24. Helps identify the need to negotiate a change in deadlines to accommodate changing workloads.
25. Gains technical knowledge needed to resolve basic problems encountered in analytical methods and instrumentation.
26. Uses initiative in looking for opportunities to increase knowledge and technical skills
27. Develops and demonstrates ability to maintain clear and concise written records of analytical work and develops a basic knowledge of the sample tracking system.
28. Listens to and understands instructions, and requests clarification as needed.
29. Documents daily operations and activities
30. Assists in the preparation of reports on laboratory activities.
31. Develops a general understanding of valid analytical results based upon sound quality control procedures, the proper operation of analytical instruments, and the proper execution of analytical methods.
32. Develops the ability with direction to discern and communicate trends in analytical quality control results and subtle changes in the performance of analytical instruments and method conditions that may lead to invalid data if corrective action is not taken.
33. Assimilates information and instructions readily.
34. Accurately and effectively communicates events or conditions that may adversely affect the results of analytical work.
35. Develops effective communication skills. Learns proper methods to accurately record analytical results.
36. Develops an understanding of importance to record and communicate unusual occurrences during the course of analytical methods and procedures.
Minimum Requirements: Education: Associate's degree in Science in Chemistry - Related Sciences, Industrial Hygiene, or Engineering field.
Experience: - No experience required entry level position.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid state driver's license.
Additional Information: REQUIREMENTS - OTHER: These are additional expectations for the job and could include specific work experience, license / certifications, preemployment testing, expectations about travel, shift work, etc.
1. Exhibit basic organizational, planning, and analytical knowledge and experience.
2. Obtain License/Certifications required if assigned to industrial hygiene analyses, but can be obtained after employment.
3. Awareness of skills needed for improved decision making, for efficient organization of work to meet deadlines, and for effective troubleshooting of analytical procedures and instrumentation.
4. Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company's Corporate Compliance Policy and national standards.
REQUIREMENTS - PHYSICAL DEMANDS: List physical demands required for this job, but not limited to: Ability to work around hazardous chemical and potentially contaminated matrices.
82 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.