Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 91768
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks
* Consult with customers, attend status meetings, engage with responsible people in other organizations
* Analyze cost and schedule information to generate timely reports that speak to issues regarding; project controls, project planning, scheduling and budgeting, commitment analysis, change order processing, forecasting, trends and estimating in support of electrical transmission and distribution or other large construction project
* Lead the implementation of project controls best practices and process improvement to ensure department-wide consistency, enhance communication and improve client satisfaction
* Lead any corporate and/or program-wide process and/or quality improvement initiatives including but not limited to efforts in; SAP Release 3, P6/Contract Manager System and Change Management Process
* Lead the preparation of cost or schedule data for use in the Yellow Book, General Rate Cases, Long Term Planning and Corporate Goals
* Respond to cost or schedule data requests from internal or external organization
* As a Project Cost Engineer Lead: Develop, monitor and report project plan, cost, forecast, trends, commitment and contingency. Calculate and evaluate cost variances for corrective actions. Review and analyze project scope changes, invoices and change order requests for proper justification, adequate budget and accurate accounting funding. Prepare cost reports and other analytics as required.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate the primary linkages between project controls and the disciplines of estimating, project management, engineering, construction, contract administration and project accounting
* Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the field of project controls, project planning, CPM scheduling, budgeting, commitment analysis, change order processing, estimating, forecasting, trends and Earned Value Management
* Demonstrated experience balancing and organizing multiple projects, reviewing and documenting project progress, developing communication plans, and reviewing and updating scope and progress for construction projects
* Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to present complex, technical information in simple, non-technical terms. Must be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients' business needs promptly
* Demonstrated ability to validate and accurately analyze information, and make sound decisions that have considerable business impact. Demonstrated ability to initiate, evaluate, and implement suggestions to optimize effectiveness of the organization
* Demonstrated the ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, management, and vendors to successfully meet shifting needs. Demonstrated ability to motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve goals with little supervision
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
83 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.