Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 4125281589
Full Time Westborough, Westborough, MA, US
The Engineering Manager manages engineering resources at the local office level. This person manages and forecasts location workload, schedules and coordinates the available resources, assesses staffing, resource needs, and capabilities, provides supervision and leadership in support of project execution, and is responsible for staff retention, professional development and recruiting. Additional responsibilities include providing both technical and sales support as needed within the company. The Engineering Manager reports to the Vice President of Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as an extension of the Vice President of Engineering to provide daily oversight of engineering activities, ensuring proper planning, execution and process discipline.
2. Supports Vice President of Engineering on planning and organizing engineering operations which ensures the most effective return on assets.
3. Coordinates plans and processes which minimize project costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, and materials. Assures attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customer’s expectations.
4. Communicates regularly with local engineering team regarding status of individual projects to proactively identify technical and scheduling issues and develop and implement corrective measures.
5. Communicates regularly with engineering management team regarding staffing needs, objectives, issues and open projects.
6. Works with Vice President of Engineering to coordinate master engineering resource schedule as well as forecasting upcoming engineering requirements/needs including non-job-related training schedules.
1. Works with Vice President of Engineering to drive collaboration between project management, field services, and engineering teams to meet deliverables and deadlines.
2. Assesses project specific resource needs and coordinates assignment with project engineers and Vice President of Engineering. Communicates core technical job requirements and ensures project leads are appropriately assigned to projects.
3. Updates and communicates status of weekly production log and revenue forecast.
4. Manages expenses against project budgets and makes recommendations to reduce expenses.
Staff Development and Planning
1. Assesses local engineering team utilization and forecasts team workload and engineering needs at the local engineering office level. Identifies and works with Vice President of Engineering to make staffing requests to corporate recruiting.
2. Works with Vice President of Engineering to review engineering time reports and expense reports for accuracy.
3. Communicates with Vice President of Engineering to evaluate engineering staff’s talent base, conducts performance evaluations, identifies training needs, and recommends action plans for meeting performance expectations.
1. Provides technical support for quotes/estimating as it relates to engineering and project management input.
2. Drives continued business development initiatives relative to project engineering capabilities
3. Provides oversight to ensure proper estimating and clean operational handoff upon receipt of order.
4. Works with sales and estimating team during the proposal phase to ensure proper project handoff from sales to operations.
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in an engineering role in the electrical power industry. Management experience a plus. Must have well developed organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills in interacting with management.
Reasoning Development: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
Mathematical Development: Ability to perform business and fundamental engineering calculations.
Language Development: Ability to read company manuals and reports, workplace rules and procedures; speak with poise and confidence, using correct English.
Education: BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, PE recommended, PMP certification recommended
“Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)”
17 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.