Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 4125281589
Service Technician - P&C
Ivyland, PA, US
The Protection and Control Senior Service Technician is responsible for performing commissioning and testing activities and performing troubleshooting and diagnostic activities in the field. This is a field position and will require candidates to work in substations and customer locations and could include heavy travel (90%). During training extended travel to other operations may be necessary. The company covers these travel expenses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop the skills to provide technical capabilities for installing, adjusting, and troubleshooting relays.
2. Relay and meter testing with secondary injection equipment.
3. Develop the ability to test various types of protective relays.
4. Communicate and manage different relay manufacturer software packages.
5. Read and comprehend associated schematics, internal, and external of the relay.
6. Develop the skills to communicate with RTS software.
7. Write functional test reports.
8. Remain current on all safety and technical training.
9. Provide technical insight regarding substation systems and electrical power systems
10. Adhere to all company, industry, and client safety protocol and standards.
11. Be proficient in the use of construction equipment, test equipment, and tools required for routine maintenance and installation of equipment assigned, such as man lifts, bucket trucks, transformer and breaker testing equipment and relay test equipment without direct supervision and direction.
12. Must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of both AC and DC applications, including the measurements of 3 phase power quantities and the normal control and protective schemes utilized in the industry.
13. Be proficient in the use of other test equipment for testing protective relay devices such as CT’s and PT’s.
14. Assist engineering with relay programming.
15. Assist in writing new test procedures.
Experience: 3-5 years' related experience in substation, power plants, industrial services, primary power distribution and related protection and control schemes.
Computer Experience: Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
Licensures and Certifications: SEL, AVO and OEM Certified, NETA or NICET preferred.
Education: EET, Technical school preferred.
“Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)”
15 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.