[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 510476
Posted By: BHI Energy
Posted On: 2018-12-23 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Safety Specialist] IMMEDIATE NEED - (30) Safety Inspectors - HV Transmission Lines - No CA.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Northern California Locations
Country: United States
This is a temporary, project based opportunity providing contractor safety management support including inspecting, observing, advising and coaching on diverse electric utility projects including T&D asset construction. You will engage with client and contractor team members in the field to facilitate safe work practices, identify hazards, advise mitigations,embrace client safety expectations, adhere to all applicable permits, and maintain compliance with Client's Contractor Safety Program and all applicable safety regulations/requirements by local, state and federal agencies.
1. Provide Quality Assurance and Quality Control oversight for electrical safety inspectors. Oversee Contractor Safety Inspectors and conduct audits and reviews of work practices, work products, and skillsets of contractors' safety inspectors.
2. Promote high voltage electrical safety during site inspection and implementation of medium and high-risk scope activities.
3. Initial and/or participate in safety kick-off, periodic or daily safety meetings with Contractors
4. Function as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Federal, State and local laws, rules, regulatons, and ordinances including but not limited to DOT, EPA, OSHA, Cal/OSHA, and CPUC.
5. Perform Contractor safety observations by the frequency and level for each contactor and subcontractor in accordance with the SSSP/PSP.
6. Provide on-site occupational safety support to identify, prevent, and mitigate safety risks
7. Document and retain safety documents in accordance with client requirements.
8. Assign and/or coordinate with team membersto address corrective actions, and communicate as appropriate with team members to prevent repeat occurences.
9. Receive safety-related questions and provide reliable feedback and instruction.
10. Share safety information to all in an impactful, constructive and results-oriented manner.
11. Communicate safety trends and recommend safety corrective actions.
12. Prepare safety observation ad improvement reports to Management and/or Client following an incident or a high potential consequence near-miss.
13. Support compliance with applicable programs (PPE, rubber gloving, and hot stick procedures).
14. Capable of identifying existing and predictable hazards in the surroundings or working conditions that are unsanitary or dangerous.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Minimum (5) years construction experience within the power utility sector
- Relevant experience overseeing and inspecting construction Contractors working on high voltage electrical transmission line projects, including, but not limited to high voltage electrical installations, lattice tower erection/replacement, pole installation/replacement, direct burial pole installation, bell repair/installation, foundation installation and inspection, clipping and wire pulling.
- Working knowledge of Electric Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution Standard (29 CFR 1910.269)
- Experience in T&D work, underground and with numerous voltages.
- Technical expertise including lifting/rigging, working from heights, personal protective grounding, temporary wiring, disconnect and overcurrent protection, rack in and rack out procedures for relay and breaker work, and protections related to flashover and related hazards.
- Ability to wear PPE and fire resistant clothing.
- Previous training, knowledge or experience related to the work to be performed and knowledge of the appropriate mitigation measures for the associated hazards.
- Familiar with managing Contractor safety for utility operations
- Familiary with Cal/OSHA safety regulations and requirements.
- OSHA 30-hour required
- Must have a valid Drivers License and clear driving record
- Certified Electrical Safety Compliance Professional (CESCP)
- Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP)
- Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification, or similar
This is an immediate need for personnel to start asap or January 2. Successful candidate must pass pre-employment Background Investigation and Drug Screening.
ONE YEAR ASSIGNMENT to 7100 mile area from Oregon Coaast to Central Valley. Labor Rate, Lodging, Rental Car, Per Diem, and Travel to and from assignment.
Qualified candidates send resumes in WORD format to email@example.com
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
227 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.