Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Temp to Direct
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 97062
Actively seeking a Substation Designer to join our electrical engineering group in Tualatin, OR -- a suburb of Portland Oregon.
This position will be responsible for designing substations up to 345 kV. The work will focus on detailed design of utility and renewable energy substation systems. Candidates will work under the guidance of senior substation engineers and supporting the physical design or outside plant design of substations.
The responsibilities of this position will be preforming 3D design primarily in Autodesk Inventor.
* Primary responsibilities will be to perform initial layout (general arrangement) and design of 3D substation physical drawing package (grounding, foundations, structures, bus work, equipment, etc.) with a focus on quality and technical accuracy using primarily Autodesk Inventor.
* Perform protection and control design (one line, three line, schematics, wiring diagrams, panel layouts, etc.) with a focus on quality and technical accuracy.
* Interface with internal and external team members including Protection and Control Engineers, Electrical Designers, Physical Designers, Drafts people, Project Engineers, Project Managers, and support organizations
* Perform design of single line drawings and schematics; plan and elevation drawings; general substation arrangement and layout; relay protection and control requirements; plus layouts for high voltage bus, cable, high voltage equipment, conduit, cable, wiring, grounding, switchgear and control buildings
* Demonstrate knowledge of equipment specifications and vendor drawings
* Familiar with all applicable standards (ANSI, ASTM, IEEE, IEC, etc.) as pertains to the design of electrical substations
* Create detailed Bill of Materials (BOM) for each area of the design
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
112 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.