[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 518269
Posted By: Aerotek
Posted On: 2019-03-14 10:40:01
Link: Click here to apply
Subject: Environmental Specialist/ Water Sampling (6736329)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 35040
This position will serve in the Water Field Services organization in the groundwater monitoring group. This position is a field position and interested candidates should be comfortable working outdoors, year-round, and in inclement weather. Work will mainly involve the development and sampling of groundwater monitoring wells on a routine basis for environmental compliance. This position will require a minimum 10-hour day, 4 day per week (Monday-Thursday) schedule. Candidates with an environmental degree or concentration are desired.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Collect, measure and record field data and groundwater samples for laboratory analysis
- Calibrate, maintain and use water quality monitoring equipment for pH, ORP, DO, turbidity, conductivity & temperature measurements.
- Collect water level measurements from groundwater monitoring wells and piezometers using a handheld meter
- Ability to learn and perform slug testing of groundwater monitoring wells
- Develop newly installed groundwater monitoring wells and piezometers using various types of pumps
- Operate UTVs, off-road vehicles and pull and back trailers
- Must understand the importance of placing safety as the top priority
- Strong teambuilding and interpersonal skills required
- Attention to detail and ability to follow process and procedures required
- Strong communication skills necessary
- Ability to work outside in physically demanding, hot and cold conditions
- Overnight travel is required (typically 3-4 nights every other month)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with sometimes non-traditional hours with limited supervision
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
41 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.