[Civil Engineer] Civil Engineer (with Stormwater Management exp.)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Candidate will be responsible for performing civil design calculations for foundations of heavy electrical equipment. The heavy electrical equipment are oil filled transformers, breakers, disconnect switches regulators, reactors etc.. Perform steel structures design and analysis, drainage and spill prevention calculations. Perform civil detail design work using micro station software develop CAD drawings for all type of major and minor capital projects for switching and substations. Make critical design decisions and provide solutions for replacement of failed equipment on emergency basis. Develop estimates for civil design work for new and emergency projects. Review work performed by 3rd party. Provide detail design directions to A.E companies. Initiate procurement of structural steel for new projects. Review and approve permits drawings and construction drawings and assure that all engineering standards, construction standards and safety codes are met. Provide support to construction group during construction phase of the project to assure timely completion of project within defined scope. Prepare design drawings for obtaining permits, shall have familiarity with utility best practices, structural steel standards. Be available during system emergencies or weather related incidents.
- Candidate will coordinate with electrical engineers
- Will need to have general knowledge of transformers and substations
- Will need knowledge of MD and DC storm water management and permits
- Will need to be able to check drawings
- Will mostly be in the office but will need to do occasional site walk downs
- Browsing in Microstation is sufficient, CAD drafting is not required
- PE from Delaware (preferred)
- BS in Civil Engineering or equivalent current 10-15 years of experience in designing foundations, performing steel structures analysis and other miscellaneous civil work for major electrical equipment and bus supports for substations and switching stations.
- Design and specifying modular control house buildings.
- Experience in designing and calculating drainage, spill prevention of hazardous fluids and contaminants within substations.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.