[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
POWER YOUR FUTURE WITH POWER GRID ENGINEERING (PGE) in our Field Services department as a Senior or Lead Relay Technician. Due to continued growth, we are seeking seasoned Protection and Control Technicians and Field Engineers. If you have 5+ years of relay testing experience in major utility substations, we want to hear from you! Most Power Grid Relay Technicians are required to travel extensively for at least part of their employment. It is our policy to try to align an employee’s home location as close to their work site locations as possible, but candidates must be prepared to travel over 50 miles to work sites and out of their home state on occasion.
Our seasoned relay technicians lead and perform testing/routine maintenance of Transmission and Distribution substation power equipment, relaying (electro-mechanical, solid state and micro-processor), pilot channel equipment (power line carrier, pilot wire, transfer , transfer trip, fiber optic, CVT’s, line tuners, line traps, etc.), controls and communications equipment. Adhering to our Core Value- “ Safety Around the Clock”, all of our employees contribute to a safe work environment, follow all safety and Human Performance best practices, and work to uphold PGE Core Values.
As a Senior or a Lead Relay Technician, you will be responsible for:
• Testing, including (without limitation): reading/verifying all voltage and current inputs to relays; verifying all metering (local and SCADA); calibrating all relays; trip testing (local and SCADA); verifying all alarms (local and SCADA); verifying all alarms (local and SCADA); verifying all function switches, etc.
• Performing routine troubleshooting and repair of substation relaying and control equipment. Commission new substations, power equipment, relaying (electro-mechanical, solid state and microprocessor), pilot channel equipment (power line carrier, pilot wire, transfer, transfer trip, fiber optic, CVT’s, line tuners, line traps, etc.), controls and communications equipment
• Planning, scheduling, and completing test activities efficiently, on time, without service interruptions
• Providing project technical support to Field Service personnel
• Minimum of 5 years of field experience in commissioning, panel and equipment checkout, relay calibration, testing and repairing substation relaying and control schemes
• Experience is desirable in any of the following related areas: substation design (including protection & control engineering); substation construction; substation commissioning; SCADA/Fault Data/SER/Integration-Automation equipment installation and testing
• 3 phase power systems; power system protection & control schemes; test equipment; test equipment software
• Test equipment and toll/wiring usage; interpretation of wiring and elementary diagrams; basic test skills to perform duties listed above; basic PC skills
• Quickly learn and apply test procedure for various types of substation equipment; communicate effectively with diverse groups, tailoring communication for audience and situation
• Learn and apply client’s switching procedures and safety measures as required
• Reference and complete assignments as described in applicable specifications
• Perform regular field work both indoors and outdoors
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, business acumen, management ability
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Valid Driver’s license and good driving record
WHY WORK FOR POWER GRID?
• The founders of PGE are dedicated to providing the highest quality services and product design to our clientele. The members of our corporate leadership team provide our clients with experience and qualifications earned over decades of providing utility-grade engineering services.
• As an award-winning power systems design firm, PGE is proud to have developed in-house project teams comprised of highly qualified technical engineers and operational professionals, with exceptional QA/QC processes assuring our clients peerless levels of service and quality.
• Full Time or On- Call employment opportunities available
• Beyond Compensation: Total compensation doesn’t just include salary, but there are a number of fringe benefits to select from for full-time and part-time employees.
o Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available from day one for our employees and their dependents
o Paid Time Off- We value work-life balance; so much so, we have a core value reflective of this: There’s Time for Work and Time for Play. We’re a family-friendly company and we recognize the importance of spending time with loved one
o 401(k) Matching
o Company paid Short Term Disability (STD)
o Life Insurance- Basic Life Insurance is offered to our employees at no cost.
o Annual Incentive Program
o Continuing Education