[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
FULL TIME/PERM POSITION
SUBSTATION PROJECT ENGINEER
if interested email resume to email@example.com
Position Type: PERM/FULL TIME
Location: King of Prussia, PA, United States
What is a Substation Project Engineer At company you will ensure engineering success on substation projects from initiation to completion (substations will span the low voltage to extra-high voltage spectrum). You will be the primary technical leader for all engineering disciplines for smaller projects and share the leadership role with other Project Engineers for the larger or more complex projects that require a more intimate knowledge with specific engineering challenges and needs.
• We are a consulting engineering company. Scope definition and adherence are critical components to our success. You will need to work closely with Project Manager(s) and Department Manager(s) to ensure technical deliverables are completed in a timely manner and always strive to exceed client expectations.
• As a technical leader of multi-discipline projects, familiarity with the substation project life cycle is extremely important. Rapidly building strong inter-personal relationships with the company team and the client will play a major role when addressing issues arising outside of your technical expertise.
• Attention to detail both during the design process and quality assurance process is critical. We take great pride in exceeding client expectations and your leadership on projects will be crucial both during iterative design and as you perform quality assurance checks of the final deliverables.
• As an engineer-of-record (professional engineer) you will ensure our projects comply with the laws, safe-guarding the public, industry standards, and client standards. We will support you in obtaining your professional licensing in the applicable states where we do business both now and in the future.
• We are a growth minded company and developing the team(s) you lead is very important. Your mentorship and technical expertise will be needed to facilitate the development of quality minded team members.
o You will facilitate setting and achieving goals and performance objectives for your direct reports.
Minimum - Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
~10-20% regional and domestic travel will be required to visit project sites and clients.
Experience & Credentials
The ability to meet the performance objectives is more important than years of experience. However, most individuals will likely need at least 4-5 years of diverse substation experience but could have 30+ years' experience. A professional engineer certification is required for this position or plans to obtain within one year.