High & Medium Voltage Electrical Apparatus Technician
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Perform apparatus testing, disconnect; disassembly; reassembly, installation and testing; serve as right hand man to project manager and Senior Apparatus Technician
• Performing testing on low and medium voltage breakers including Megger, Ductor, Hi-Pot, Hi-Current, and Timing tests.
• Completing mechanical work and repairs on breakers, including tear down, refurbishment and parts replacement.
• Painting breakers and parts.
• Wiring circuit breakers.
• Utilizing and accurately reading meters.
• Reading schematics and wiring drawings.
• Troubleshooting circuit breaker controls.
• Reading and plotting time-current curves.
• Testing power and current transformers, including Power Factor and TTR.
• Accurately and consistently documenting using Power DB. Able to work with electrical tools and socket sets
• Record start and ending time every day, for each project or contract supported via the prescribed time reporting system. Review and approve team time submissions
• Provides single face and voice for TDS to client - Relationship skills are vital
• Interfaces with all project, project engineer and program managers on behalf of client
• Typically, 4-10+ years of relevant experience on commissioning projects in a direct contributor/ lead role with at least 5 years of project experience in an L2 capacity.
• Previous experience with commission process deliverables such as change management, systemization, acceptance testing, and turnover.
• Experience on large size capital, maintenance, and upgrade project (greenfield project, additional train(s), compressor/pump station, etc) with complex and non-routine workflows.
• Understands role and elements of commissioning process (pre-commissioning, systemization, budget, org structure)
• Capable of developing budget, resource plan, and deliverables for assigned system
• Typically, 10+ years of experience as team lead and/or supervising resources. Orchestrates systemization and resource allocation for assigned project deliverables.
• Application Engineer
• Provides project administrative support (transitioned from Global Delivery Administrative Support)
• Provides schedule administration support
• Problem solving skills
Ability to work outside (heat, cold); climbing; kneeling; crouching; lifting up to 50 lbs; pushing up to 75 lbs of force; pulling up to 85 pounds of force