[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
MY CLIENT - BC HYDRO is hiring a Construction Officer L3 for a DAM project in BC.
Sr. Construction Officer with contract experience to manage the an electrical industrial project and provide input into early implementation deliverables.
DESCRIPTION (ROLE PROFILE)
* The Construction Officer Level 3 acts as construction site coordinator and inspector on multiple or large civil, electrical, and/or mechanical projects to ensure the work, materials, progress, and cost meet BC Hydro expectations.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
* Inspect construction work which may be on substations, transmission lines, and hydroelectric equipment by using excellent skills in inspection procedures and understanding of construction methods to meet deadlines and comply with building and safety codes.
* Ensure work site safety by prioritizing the safe execution of work and performing Safe Work Observations using excellent knowledge in safety standards and regulations to improve BC Hydro's safety performance.
* Conduct or coordinate site testing, surveying, and estimating activities by using good working knowledge of engineering drawings to enable timely progression of projects. The potential working conditions may include adverse weather and working at heights or underground.
- 7+ years MANAGING construction projects (INDUSTRIAL)
- Electrical/mechanical trade or engineering background ie. Red seal technician in a trade or a former mechanical engineer
- Utility industry experience
- Class 5 drivers licence.
- Ability to submit and pass background check.
- Ability to submit and pass drug and alcohol testing.
- Diploma in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Technology from an Institute of Technology or relevant trades, apprenticeship courses, or equivalent.
- Previous BC Hydro experience is an asset.
- Hydroelectrical gate experience is an asset.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, day shift, 10h/day
The work schedule: 10/4. Most commonly, it will be regular work weeks, Mon to Friday. May vary depending on projects.
Accommodation: Camp Accommodation is covered by BC Hydro.
Due to the urgency only qualified candidates will be contacted!