[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
DNJP8542 – ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST III – LAKE MARY, FL – 12 MONTHS
ReNuke Services is seeking a Engineering Technologist III at our client site in Lake Mary, FL. The ideal candidate must possess good written and oral communication skills, experience in the utility industry, and understanding of basic principles of project management.
This role will provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence. Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise. Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities. Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches. Conducts engineering and related studies. Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance. Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files. Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
JOB SPECIFIC DETAILS
• This role is to support an ongoing project to produce the parts and symbols needed to populate the Autodesk Vault to support implementing Substation Design Solution (SDS) in the Transmission organization. There is a need for individuals to create these parts and symbols using Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical.
• These parts and symbols will be in support of all four regions within Transmission. After the parts are created, they will go through an additional QA/QC onsite process before being added to the Production Vault.
• The additional QA/QC process will be performed by the Production Standards team at each regional office. This individual will also support other SDS activities as needed. The individual needs to have expertise using the Autodesk software (Inventor, ACADE, and/or Vault).
• Previous project management and/or leadership experience is desired.
• Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent)
• Or 4 to 6 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent)
• Or 10 to 15 years equivalent experience with no degree.
• Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all the basic/required qualifications. The candidate selected will be solely employed by ReNuke Services, Inc., not by client.
• ReNuke Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.