[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
DNJP889 ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST II CHARLOTTE, NC 6 MONTHS NO PD
ReNuke Services, Inc. is seeking an Engineering Technologist at our client site in Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate will have electrical distribution Knowledge or a background in electrical engineering technology, have experience with and is good with hand tools and have some knowledge with computer networking
This position is responsible for provisioning recloser controls. This includes choosing correct program file, changing fault locating parameters, establishing communication and downloading files to relays and performing function testing. The position requires the control to be mounted on a provisioning rack and moved to an individual testing area (50lbs). This position coordinates with the internal Project Team Members and Stakeholders to ensure that all necessary steps are completed prior to check out. This position works closely with the various team members such as Modeling, SCADA, Self-Healing and the Provisioning Teams. This position is required to update spreadsheet of completed work and provide weekly status updates on progress. This will requires knowledge and use of several work management databases to complete some of the functions. Must have some electrical experience and computer skills. Applicant must be working towards (half of major credits) or have a 2 year technical degree in Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering Technology. Some wiring will be required and applicant must provide own hand tools. Specialized tools will be provided by the company.
Provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence. Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
· Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
· Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
· Conducts engineering and related studies.
· Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
· Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
· Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
· Maintains accurate records and files. Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
· Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent),
· or 2 to 4 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 5 to 10 years equivalent experience with no degree.
· Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds Good written and oral communication skills.
· Experience in the utility industry.
· Understanding of basic principles of project management.
· Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications. The candidate selected will be solely employed by ReNuke Services, Inc., not by client.
· ReNuke Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status