[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Sr. High Voltage Technician
with/Apparatus or Relay Technician Skills
You will be required to Travel in and to the surrounding States around Utah
Must live in or be willing to relocate to Utah.
Temp to Hire Position
Test, troubleshoot and inspect various complex electrical systems. Be able to operate various types of electrical test equipment including but not limited to Doble, Manta, Vanguard, Omicron Etc. Require a intermediate to strong level of understanding of interfacing software such as, DTA, Protection Suite, Enoserve/RTS, PTM, Accelerator. Intermediate to high level of understanding of protection and control schemes, concepts & prints. AES is willing to train in any area of weakness; however, candidate will be expected to work autonomously within a reasonable amount of time. This position requires a highly motived, moderately knowledgeable induvial with a strong desire to further advance his or her crew as a technician The right candidate will be supplied with a truck, fuel card, cell phone & laptop for company use.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• Perform acceptance, maintenance and commissioning testing of various electrical power apparatus including Circuit Breakers, Transformers, Instrument Transformers, Grounding Systems, SF6 Interrupters, Meters, Relays , Motor Control Centers, SCADA Systems etc...
• Write test reports using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Operate test equipment both manually and with interfacing software
• Communicate with various relays (SEL, Multilin, Basler) and well as test equipment
• Maintain strong client relationships.
• Troubleshoot and repair complex electrical circuits.
• Reading electrical drawings including block diagrams, three lines, single lines, DC/AC schematics & logic diagrams.
• Demonstrates safe work practices and avoids unsafe behaviors.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school graduate and/or GED equivalent
• 5+ years of high voltage testing experience
• Electrical engineering experience preferred
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Preference given to those who have, are may be able to obtain, a Class A CDL
Pay Range $40 -$70/hr. DOE
$160/day Per Diem