[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Johnson Service Group is actively seeking a Protection & Controls Electrical Engineer for our client in Muscatine, IA.
• This is a direct hire full-time position
• Experienced in high voltage transmission system protection schemes and relay programming for utility or generation clients.
• Education / Experience: BSEE from an accredited college or university, P.E. and 5+ years of relevant experience with electric utility substations up to 345kV
• Proficiency in protective relay coordination and settings calculations for HV and EHV transmission systems. Must have experience with Schweitzer and General Electric relay and communication equipment
• Experience with common transmission line protection schemes, such as step-distance, POTT, DCB, and DUTT
• Experience with electrical system analysis software such as ASPEN, ETAP, SKM,PSS/E and PSLF
• Knowledgeable of FERC and NERC requirements as they pertain to electric utility substation reliability requirements
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, and MS Project)
• SCADA, RTU, programming
• Substation integration/automation
• Field testing and commissioning of substation equipment
• Factory acceptance witness testing of power transformers, switchgear or control panels
• Equipment specification writing
• Project management
• Proficient with substation protection and control design and industry standards
• Capable of reviewing and producing design drawings, including one-line diagrams, AC/DC schematics, wiring diagrams, and control panel elevations
• Must have the ability to work permanently in the US
• Design of any / all of the following: high voltage one line and three-line diagrams; computer modeling/analysis of electrical systems; preparation of specifications for equipment and systems; report preparation; applying codes and standards, and performing and reviewing design computations.
• Responsible for some lead design efforts, with expectations of performing design duties with minimal supervision. Must be able to determine client requirements and coordinate technical efforts within discipline areas as necessary, managing a design budget and schedule, and be able to demonstrate proficiency in these areas.
Johnson Service Group is an EEO / An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer