[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
DNJP9155 – WORK PLANNER WITH POWERLINE EXPERTISE – LAKE MARY, FL – 3 YEARS – NO PD – 3 POSITIONS
ReNuke Services, Inc. is seeking a work planner with powerline experience at our client site in Lake Mary, FL. Qualified candidates must have actual craft labor/field experience for this role and need to have a strong foundational knowledge of transmission engineering and how substations operate.
This position reports to the Manager of Transmission Work Management (Maintenance or Construction) and supports the Transmission CMV field techs, or contractors, who construct or maintain Transmission Substation, Line and Relay assets. The Planner is responsible for the preparation of Work Order packages which includes: scope of the work required, an accurate estimate of the hours required to perform the work and skill set(s) required (electrician, relay technician, line technician), detailed procedure(s), all special tools, vehicles, and mobile equipment required, detailed parts list with the location of the parts, sketches, drawings, digital photographs as needed to perform the work, technical support contact information, special notes/instructions, vendor support information, safety and environmental information. Switching and Tagging Certification is required as well as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
In addition, this position continually manages changes in these plans to align with changing funding requirements, and to align plans to execute the highest priority work. The Planner identifies critical work activities and keeps all Transmission stakeholders informed of work that may be negatively impacted by outage restraints, material or equipment issues or any other factor that may impact the schedule. The position must possess good organization and collaboration skills for working in team environments to produce excellent project plans and estimates.
The Transmission Planner will also be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Create project Sequence utilizing one-line,three line and WebFG
• Quarterly meetings with ECC to discuss upcoming projects and constructability.
• Attend field meetings for Engineering/Inspector/Contractor sequencing reviews, mobile installations, planning and for field verifications in support of clearance requests
• Submit clearances and or verifications for clearances and/or hot line requests in ITOA
• Review substation,line and P&C engineering prints as construction SME.
• Attend Development Meetings weekly or as otherwise requested as SME.
• Create construction drawings for mobile installations, switching requirements and station configuration changes.
• Coordinate material deliveries for all construction projects.
• Write up scopes of work for all transformers on construction projects or whenever requested for other transformer projects.
• Set up PCB testing of all equipment in construction projects as well as new and used oil removal
• Request and coordinate all equipment movements with the Heavy Hauling Group.
• Order SF6 gas for all new breakers & empty cylinders when needed for removals.
• Order reclamation bins and scrap bins as needed and coordinate removals
• Coordinate projects with CIG and others when needed
• Coordinate Distribution field switching support as needed
• Ability to obtain NERC CIP credentials
• Two-year degree and 5 years of work related experience or 7 years related experience in lieu of a degree
• Bachelor's Degree and 6-8 years of similar work experience.
• Working knowledge of work management systems, e.g., Maximo, MS Project, ITOA, P6, Adobe, MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc).
• Substantial knowledge of substation, P&C and line constrcution methods in order to identify all needed procedures, resources and clearances to effectively perform each maintenance /