[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Johnson Service Group is now hiring for a Substation P&C Engineer in Atlanta, GA with a background in high voltage transmission system protection schemes and relay programming for utility or generation clients.
• This is a direct hire full-time position
• High voltage one-line and three-line diagrams; computer modeling/analysis of electrical systems; preparation of specifications for equipment and systems; report preparation; applying codes, standards, and performing and reviewing design computations.
• Responsible for some lead design efforts, with expectations of performing design duties with minimal supervision.
• Able to determine client requirements and coordinate technical efforts within discipline areas as necessary, managing a design budget and schedule, and be able to demonstrate proficiency in these areas.
• Education / Experience: BSEE from an accredited college or university, PE and 5+ years of relevant experience with electric utility substations up to 345kV
• Proficiency in protective relay coordination and settings calculations for HV and EHV transmission systems. Experience with Schweitzer and General Electric relay and communication equipment (required)
• Experience with common transmission line protection schemes, such as step-distance, POTT, DCB, and DUTT
• Experience with electrical system analysis software such as ASPEN, eTAP, SKM, PSS/E and PSLF
• Knowledgeable of FERC and NERC requirements as they pertain to electric utility substation reliability requirements
• SCADA, RTU, programming
• Substation integration/automation
• Field testing and commissioning of substation equipment
• Factory acceptance witness testing of power transformers, switchgear or control panels
• Equipment specification writing
• Project management
• Proficient with substation protection and control design and industry standards
• Capable of reviewing and producing design drawings, including one-line diagrams, AC/DC schematics, wiring diagrams, and control panel elevations
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (MS Word, Excel, and MS Project)
• Must have the ability to work permanently in the US w/o sponsorship