[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Start date is 11/30/2020
Duration is one year minimum.
Transforms initial rough product designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents. Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards. May require an associate's degree in a related area and 5-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May direct and lead the work of others. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Designs thorough and accurate drawings from verbal and written instructions, sketches, field measurements, etc.
• Use and develop standards, work methods, compile 2D and 3D parts, blocks, and details that create more accurate and understandable drawings.
• Maintain and update electronic drawings in the company's document management system.
• Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
• Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
• Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
Some Desired Qualifications are listed below.
• Advanced AutoCAD Electrical experience, defined as:
o 4+ years of specific AutoCAD Electrical experience
o Experience using AutoCAD Electrical for P&C (Protection and Controls) or other Electric Utility applications.
o Experience using the intelligent, automating features and toolkits within AutoCAD Electrical.
o Experience using AutoCAD Electrical to create interactive wiring diagrams.
o Proficiency in creating and implementing dynamic blocks.
o Ability to create styles, settings, drawing details, and template files to help facilitate the creation of drawing standards
o General understanding of Transmission Engineering drawings (Substation and Protection & Controls)