[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Start date is asap
Duration is ne year minimum.
Can work anywhere in FL.
Must have actual craft labor/field experience for these roles. Need to have a strong foundational knowledge of transmission engineering and how substations operate.
Experience: Must have greater than 10 years of Relay experience performing field protection, SCADA, and Control work. A relay planner will plan and schedule all activities associated with Relay construction and maintenance. Candidates are expected have complex skills and the ability to work with minimal technical oversight and lead construction and maintenance activities scheduling calls of any complexity.
The Relay planner is expected to have proficient working knowledge in the calibration, installation, maintenance, and operation of the following: protective relays and associated equipment which will ensure the efficient, safe, reliable, and NERC Reliability Standards compliant operation of client Generating plants, Transmission and Distribution networks.
This position will be responsible for planning and sequencing in complex, multiphase relay construction and maintenance activities. Candidates are expected have complex technical skills and interpersonal skills to ensure safe and productive project execution. Candidates will also be responsible for coordinating with Transmission, Distribution, and Generation leadership, and resolve technical issues.
Candidates must demonstrate basic computer skills. Responsible to practice and set an example of safe project planning and scheduling. Must possess good communication skills, including working with others to create good working conditions. Support of corporate, group, department and unit goals including compliance with the client Supplier Code of Conduct. Self-motivated with good leadership qualities that include good planning and scheduling decision making skills.
• Has professional safety behavior and holds high expectation of others to work safely and follow safe work practices
• Has expert verbal communications skills and the use of 3-way communications, concurrent and independent verification
• Can review and critique isolation procedures and project sequencing
• Can provides peer level P&C technical support
• Can remain focused under internal and external pressures, leads team while under pressure and ensures all distractions are eliminated
• Can plan and sequence any construction or maintenance activities, within any station, no matter the sensitivity and complexity
• Has working knowledge and experience at installing, commissioning, testing and troubleshooting carriers, tone equipment, traps and tuners, MP or EM relays
• Can lead teams to ensure documentation and files are accurate and submitted in timely fashion with no issues
• Can work with other planners in organization, develop and execute a procedure, work plans to complete a task with error free performance
• Has working knowledge of SCADA systems and legacy SCADA systems
• Working knowledge of ASPEN and reporting
• Complete understanding of NERC compliance and importance for accurate data and timely completion
Manager is looking for people with Relay experience. This posting is for the candidates with Relay/Protection & Controls expertise. Manager is requiring candidates have craft powerline experience so that they have a knowledge foundation of how to physically correct and maintain powerlines. This position will be required to drive to different areas of Florida as needed to assist with Field Planning activities related to Transmission Relays. Base work location is Flexible - Does not have to be Lake Mary. Base office location is negotiable - they will be covering the entire Florida service territory, with traveling 80% of the time with day trips (overnight is very rare).