[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
• Provide day-to-day production support of the client's Management System (EMS)
• Perform modeling and SCADA integration testing of various field/substation devices and validate data in EMS applications.
• Update EMS displays as equipment is added/updated in electrical substations.
• Perform EMS configuration tasks to support user access requests and other control center functionality needs.
• Provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
• Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
• Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
• Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
• Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
• Conducts engineering and related studies.
• Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
• Maintains accurate records and files.
Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 4 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 5 to 10 years equivalent experience with no degree.
Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
Good written and oral communication skills.
Experience in the utility industry.
Understanding of basic principles of project management.