[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
• Independently prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
• Conducts engineering and related studies.
• Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
• Maintains accurate records and files.
• Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
• Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems of increasing scope and complexity,
• Contributes to team decision-making in the accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities,
• Deals with changing priorities and differing situations and makes decision that may affect the work of the team,
• Completes routine engineering projects with minimal oversight with increasing ability to independently manage project schedules and interfaces; increasingly competent to design, operate and maintain systems with moderate impact on existing systems,
• Possesses and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures; proficient in technical and analytical competencies.
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program or state registration as a Professional Engineer. A Master's degree in engineering will be considered in lieu of the B. S. engineering degree.
• Minimum of 15 years of engineering experience or 10 years of engineering experience with state registration as a Professional Engineer.
• Registered Professional Engineer.
• Demonstrated progression of application of engineering theories and principles
• Increasingly proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, preparing and presenting recommendations,
• Proficient in principles of project management.
• Experience in the utility industry.
• Experience working with equipment commonly found in hydro electric stations.
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to accept and master new areas of responsibility
• Strong plant experience understanding and resolving design issues, avoiding design issues from incorporation of lessons learned, implementing design packages, and scope development experience.
Proven teamwork skills and ability to work through conflict situations.