[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Estimator I prepares timely and accurate bid estimates for mid-size projects/programs within an assigned line of business, Region or Division and helps plan all projects with expectations for the efficient use of personnel, equipment, materials and subcontractors within contract requirements, time guidelines and other restrictions.
The Estimator I will understand the major business components and implications specific to estimating and cost control for Construction Companies while ensuring compliance with the established Project Management Methodology and upholding safety and quality management protocols.
Under general guidance, this role prepares and maintains bid documentation, utilizing historical data from past projects, subcontracts, and productivity analysis. Estimator I responsibilities may include travel to job locations to confirm project site conditions and assisting field personnel in developing and/or recommending change orders to scope as needed.
The Estimator I will ensure bid deadlines and customer presentation requirements are met and will assist in developing and implementing estimating guidelines. This role also contributes to the continuous improvement of methodology, tools and approaches using fundamentals of Project Management practices.
Additionally, the Estimator I will interface with various internal and external stakeholders on planning and scheduling related items and functions, including reporting requirements, progress reporting, etc., while communicating with influence and presenting effectively to client group and team members.
· Experience in construction estimating, ability to read/interpret detailed prints and specifications for conceptual, lump sum or unit pricing
· Experience estimating overhead and/or underground electrical systems (Transmission and Distribution)
· Working knowledge of construction and relevant industry practices
· Experience with computerized bidding software and proficiency in MS Office applications
· Detail Oriented
· Ability to work in a team environment and interact with Operations Team
· Ability to organize and facilitate bid review meetings
Minimum Educational Background:
BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience.