[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title- Electrical Engineer
Type- Direct Hire
Location- Gallatin, TN
If interested send updated resume- email@example.com
MUST HAVE SEL Software exp.
SEL is an acronym for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories. They are the top manufacturer of utility grade relays and other protection, monitoring, & control devices. They are ubiquitous across the electrical industry. If you are using a relay in a solar or energy storage project, itís probably a Schweitzer.
The Power System Engineer is a mid-level engineering position responsible for providing technical engineering information regarding power system protection and support to the engineering team to ensure that projects comply with the project requirements and all engineering standards, applicable codes, and specifications. Knowledge of various electrical engineering concepts, including power distribution, lighting, grounding, energy conservation, and value engineering as they relate to designing state-of-the-art, constructible projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Oversee junior engineers, designers, and staff assigned to your work or team.
2. Review, comment, and process equipment and system submittals in coordination with the Engineer of Record
3.Develop a complete and accurate sequence of operations for all designed systems.
4. Working knowledge of equipment and system testing and commissioning.
5. Perform process coordination between architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, and all electrical trades.
6. Prepare power system single-line diagrams, including feeder, over current protection sizing, and equipment elevations.
7. Conduct short circuit, over current protection device coordination studies, and Arc Flash mitigation Studies.
8. Coordinate your work with the project Specifications or equipment buy-out.
9. Visit job sites to field survey existing electrical conditions. May also include on-site field assignments
10. Utilize engineering analysis programs and professional judgment to analyze loads, lighting levels, and short circuit currents.
11. The duties and responsibilities describe this position's general nature and scope of work. This is a partial listing, and other responsibilities will be assigned based on the positionís role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
∑ Bachelorís degree in engineering, architectural engineering, construction sciences, or equivalent experience.
∑ Typically requires a minimum of 5+ yearsí proficiency as an Power System Engineer preferred
∑ Protective relaying experience 5-7 years preferred.
- MUST HAVE SEL Software exp.
∑ Can be a combination of education, training, and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
∑ Knowledge of all aspects of electrical engineering including power distribution, lighting, grounding, energy conservation, and value engineering as they relate to designing state-of- the-art, constructible projects. The ability to assume responsibility, interface, and coordinate with others is required
∑ Advanced knowledge of all aspects of electrical engineering including power distribution, lighting, grounding, energy conservation, value engineering, applicable codes, and standards, etc. required
∑ The ability to assume responsibility, interface, and coordinate with others is essential, as is the ability to analyze and resolve complex engineering problems
∑ Fluency in any of the following building types is required: mission-critical, high- rise and high-density housing, hospitality, health care, laboratory, commercial, gaming and high-technology
∑ Working knowledge in the current version of AutoCAD Building Systems and AutoCAD 2004 or later.
∑ Fluency with the Codes applied in the work
∑ Working knowledge of the energy efficiency requirements to include the new Title 24 requirements, LEED Requirements and ANSI 90.1
∑ Code acumen and conflict resolutions are vital to this position
∑ Possess engineering management skills for resource allocation, work flow, work planning, fee estimating and independent QA/QC of their teamís work
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.